Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream Lasagna

Haven't been posting as much due to the holidays and all the stuff going on here and there but I had time to write in this recipe:

I hate when I am left with lasagna noodles but no ricotta and no mozzarella. Ayeeee. But it gives me a chance to be inventive, I have sour cream and cheddar cheese so... same thing right? What I thought would be a huge failure actually turned out to be pretty good. Two layers of noodles and a make shift stuffing, it was quite om noms if I do say so myself. So here it is, for every time you find yourself with the noodles and not the right cheese.



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 
  • 1 and 1/3 cup diced tomatoes (canned)
  • 1/2 sour cream
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 slices bacon cut into pieces 
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • No Boil lasagna noodles
  • 2 cups frozen spinach
  • 1/3 cup parmesan 
  • olive oil
Directions:
  1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Lay lasagna noodles down in a 9x13 inch pan.
  3. In a pan over stove top, fry up bacon, garlic and onion until translucent in oil. Then add frozen veggies. When everything is fried set to side.
  4. On top of noodles spread sour cream over evenly. Then sprinkle 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top of that. The add a cup of your diced tomatoes evenly over cheese.
  5. Next add your onion and bacon mix on top of tomatoes. Layer with another set of lasagna noodles.
  6. Top with 1 cup cheddar, then parmesan, lastly your tomatoes.
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve!
The top was a little crispy in places, but I put cheddar cheese on top of the tomatoes and parm so that was to be expected. Little mistake, won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment