Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thai Burger

Yesterday I saw a magnificently intriguing recipe at the website Urban Romance. I mean a Thai burger sounds up my foodie alley and I had to try it today just to see if they were right, I mean peanut butter on a burger? Who ever heard of such a thing, blasphemy. Except, when the burger actually passed my lips and hit my taste buds I nearly melted to floor. Usually I hate cilantro, somehow I didn't taste it and the flavors were a wonderful mixture of spicy, nutty and sweetness. Praise be unto the burger god of the culinary world:





For 4 burgers:
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 4 pineapple rings
  • Sriracha 
  • Peanut Butter
  • 4 strips thin bacon
  • hamburger buns
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
Directions:


  1. In a medium bowl mix together egg, bread crumbs and ground beef with your hands. Then split into four sections and make thin patties with each. (I make mine thick because I like something to sink my teeth into).
  2. In a large pan start frying patties by placing them down on medium high heat for two minutes covered, then flipping them for another two covered, so on until finished.
  3. In a small pan fry bacon until preferred texture. In the bacon fat fry your pineapple rings until golden brown around the edges.
  4. On a cookie sheet broil your hamburger buns open face up for 2-4 minutes depending on your oven. 
  5. When buns are done, squirt some sriracha onto both sides of the bun. On the bottom part place your bacon, pineapple then a tbsp of peanut butter. Place patty on top of peanut butter so it can melt a little. Garnish patty with a few leaves of cilantro.
  6. Eat those burgers.


I don't want to type anymore, I want to get back to my burger. Happy Eatings!


No comments:

Post a Comment