Saturday, February 22, 2014

Coconut and Oatmeal Cookies

I have a regular schedule where fridays are a part of my weekend. It's a day I usually use to catch up on chores, read or binge watch netflix because everyone I know is either at work or in school. Pshhhh. So I take it in as a weekly 'me' day. Today I decided that I would be little miss kitchen and bake some cookies and other random things so I can continue to ignore the load of laundry waiting to go downstairs... I should have named them Procrastination Cookies...




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsps honey 
  • 2 tbsps maple syrup 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup old-fashioned whole rolled oats 
  • 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 2 tbsp hot water
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Directions:
  1. In a microwave your butter for about 1 minute.
  2. Then in a larger mixing bowl combine sugar, honey, syrup, and your butter. Whisk well.
  3. Next add your flour, oats and coconut, combine well. Mixture will look sticky.
  4. Heat up your water in the microwave for about 1 minute, slowly add baking soda so it wont bubble over.
  5. Take either a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop and create  11/2 inch size balls from the mixture. Place on a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours. 
  6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with non stick spray. 
  7. Place balls 2 inches apart on sheets so they don't melt into one another. 
  8. Bake for 9-10 minutes for soft cookies or 11-12 for a crispier cookie. Do not bake any longer than that or else coconut shavings will burn. 
  9. Let cool for about 10 minutes. 
  10. Serve!
I hope these turn out for you, they were terribly easy to make and quick, with time in between to do laundry... I guess. Happy Eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment