Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I have tried in the past to make my own alfredo sauce, just because the 4 dollars a jar seems outragious to me and I would rather save and do it myself. Each time I dared myself to try again it was either, too runny or clumpy or too thick, so it took a lot to muster up the will power to do this again knowing full well it could end in utter failure. But this is how we learn in the kitchen, we try and try again until we find our recipes.




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 3 tsps garlic powder
  • 2 cups milk
  • 6 oz grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 tsp  pepper
  • 1/2 cup flour
Directions:
  1. In a medium sized sauce pot melt your butter then add your cream cheese and garlic powder and whisk until cream cheese is melted.
  2. Next add your milk, parm and pepper and stir well.
  3. Then you want to slowly add your flour to thicken the sauce and whisk it so they're no clumps of flour left.
  4. Remove from heat, and let cool, sauce will thicken. If it's too thick for your taste then add milk to thin it out a bit.
  5. This made about 2 pint sized jars of alferdo so it should go for 2 meals!
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe, the original had no flour so for you gluten-free people out there I believe it would be totally doable. I added the flour because it wasn't thick enough for my taste, anyway happy eatings everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment