Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Quinoa with Yams and Broccoli

For anyone who knows me one of my favorite food groups is bacon. Delicious and salty bacon. The amount I eat is ungodly and the amount I serve at parties is always abundant (more for me). But on sunny days in June I like to settle down at the dinner table with the garden veggies that make all of our lives colorful. So setting the bacon aside, here's a light and tasty summer time meal for you to enjoy:



Listening to this classic:


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups veggie broth
  • 2 small yams peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 yellow onion diced
  • 1 cup corn
  • 2 cups broccoli
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Bring quinoa and broth to boil in a medium size pot. 
  2. Once boiling add your sweet potato, turn down the heat and cover. Let sit for about 20 minutes. 
  3. In a fry pan saute your veggies in your olive oil. Set aside.
  4. When the quinoa is done, add your quinoa to the fry pan and mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Serve!
There you have it, a simple recipe to satisfy our summer bellies! Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment