Sunday, July 24, 2016

Blueberry Naan Flatbread

Growing up, I loved, had and cared for dogs. I always thought I was strictly a canine lover and cats were these odd creatures that were at friend's homes and I usually stayed away. One day I moved into my first apartment off on my own and a friend showed up on my doorstep said 'Here.' My move in present was a kitten she had shoved into my arms, he was the size of my palm, with huge blue eyes and extremely long whiskers. In a panic, I cleared a small walk in closet, put some blankets down, closed the door and bussed quickly to the nearest PetSmart.

Rushed, I grabbed a litter box, litter, two toys that cats apparently liked and a brush that turned out to be meant for a small dog and does not work on cats. When I got back to my apartment and opened the closet to set up his area, I couldn't find him, I had already failed and lost my cat. Frantically I looked around the 2 X 3 foot closet and found him curled up under the blankets, he awoke from a nap with a drunken sleepy haze in his eyes. I was sold.

Why am I talking about my cat? Because I am a crazy f'ing cat lady, that's why, but to also point out that we don't choose our fur babies, they choose us, even if the relationship was forced on to me, I love him and he loves me... I think... Nah, he does. His future was to end up at a pound if he wasn't given to a new home which is upsetting, pounds are already full of forgotten cats. Don't shop! Save a cat or dog from a local pound!

Anyway, this is a food blog, so here's a continuation of my blueberry week, Clark was super obnoxious with this one, he had his nose all up in my face the entire time I was trying to eat it.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Naan Flatbreads
  • 2 oz blueberry goat cheese (got it at Trader's!)
  • Handful of fresh blueberries
  • 1.5 tbsps honey
  • 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1/4 cup feta
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp butter
I literally just stumbled upon this artist in my iTunes. Sometimes I add music and get lost in some albums then forget about others. It's like an easter egg hunt sometimes, and I found a good one the other day and I highly suggest you check out her album No Mythologies to Follow.  So without further delay, here's MØ:



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray and place your naan on top.
  3. Spread some goat cheese on each piece of naan, I used a very thin amount for each.
  4. Sprinkle your red pepper flakes on each naan evenly. Do the same with you feta.
  5. Place spinach on top of the feta.
  6. In a small skillet heat your butter up then place your onion in and fry until translucent. Add your honey and stir. Remove from heat.
  7. Place your onion and blueberries on each naan piece.
  8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned around the edges.
  9. Salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Serve!


Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment