Monday, September 19, 2016

Baked Plums Stuffed with Goat Cheese

It's been a hot minute since I posted last, but I've been busy ok? Blogging can get away from me sometimes and becomes lower on the priority list than I would like but alas life is happening around us and we get swept up in all of the chaos. Between reading about Jefferson's views on the role of education in our nation, to trying to problem solve at work, to wanting to go out to two comedy shows in one weekend, it's all stuff I can't skip out on. This past weekend was the husband's birthday weekend and the mother and I decided to make yums for the tums, let's just say his tum was very satisfied. Here's the recipe I took under my wing:



Ingredients:
  • 6 plums, halved and pitted
  • 2 tbsps olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tbsp dried basil
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
  • balsamic vinaigrette  (for drizzling)
  • 10 oz goat cheese
It's fall time! Yeah, I am one of those crazy, boot loving, apple cider sipping, pumpkin eating freaks and I don't care who knows it. The other things synonymous with Fall, at least for me, is jazz. So hears a little crisp and frosty air music to listen to while you say goodbye to sweaty summer!





Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and place your plums fruit side up inside. Drizzle your olive oil and honey over the top of your plums and then evenly distribute your basil over the top. Top with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
  3. When the plums are done in the oven, remove them and let them cool.
  4. Next spoon your goat cheese over each plum evenly, top with your chopped pistachios, then drizzle a little balsamic onto each plum.
  5. Serve!


Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment