Saturday, September 24, 2016

Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup


"I have nothing to put in my stew, you see,
Not a bone or a bean or a black-eyed pea,
So I'll just climb in the pot to see
If I can make a stew out of me.
I'll put in some pepper and salt and I'll sit
In the bubbling water--I won't scream a bit.
I'll sing while I simmer, I'll smile while I'm stewing,
I'll taste myself often to see how I'm doing.
I'll stir me around with this big wooden spoon
And serve myself up at a quarter to noon.
So bring out your stew bowls,
You gobblers and snackers.
Farewell--and I hope you enjoy me with crackers!"
-Shel Silverstein


Ingredient:
  • 16 oz split peas
  • 1/4 lb chopped ham
  • 1 half yellow onion diced
  • 3 carrots peeled and diced
  • 4 small stalks of celery chopped
  • 2 cups freshly chopped parsley
  • 6 cups of chicken broth (After I cooked it was way too thick, I stirred in another 2 and half cups of broth to it and it fixed it right away)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt and pepper to taste
Sip your soup and sink into this sweet melody:



Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and stir well.
  2. Cook on high for 7-8 hours. Remove bay leaf when finished.
  3. Serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment