Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Simple Curry Soup

Thai is the type of cuisine I can never say no too,burgers, Italian, sushi, they're all great but throw Thai into the mix and it'll win every time. So you could imagine my cravings here at the end of month, waiting for the next paycheck to come in so I can treat myself to some rad nah. Anyways I had a can of coconut milk amongst my canned goods so I made do and made my own curry sauce with vegetables.

Simple Curry Soup

The whole house smells of curry and I love it!


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 2 cups frozen spinach
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 can garbanzo beans
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 tbs curry powder
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsps sugar
  • dash of salt
  • olive oil
Directions:
  1. In a sauce pan place olive oil, onions, spinach and garlic, and fry until cooked through.
  2. Next add garbanzo beans with your curry powder and pepper flakes and turn your heat down
  3. In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, coconut milk, sugar and salt.
  4. Then add liquid mixture to your beans and veggies. Stir well and bring to a boil.
  5. Scoop and Serve!
This at home curry soup was a success! I wish I had basil instead of spinach but it was delicious and I won't complain. I hope this satisfies all you Thai lovers out there and happy eatings!



No comments:

Post a Comment