Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Beet Sandwich with Goat Cheese

It's been awhile since I posted last, but I swear I will stop with this lazy blogger syndrome and get back to sharing some amazing treats with you. Since, you know, you deserve it. This yummy little sandwich didn't take the time of grilling or baking. I just stuck the bread in the toaster, crossed my fingers and hoped it would come out. I think every vegetarian friend of yours will enjoy this scrumptious morsel as much as I did. A bonus to the tastiness being that beets LOOK gorgeous when cooking or baking with them. That vibrant red/purple is just beautiful and so good for you!



Ingredients:

  • Italian cut bread
  • 3 beets (1 beet per sandwich)
  • 4 oz goat cheeze (1 oz per sandwich)
  • 2 tsps basil pesto per person
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
It's been one of those weeks that doesn't seem to get better no matter how hard you convince yourself to be positive, you know the weeks that make you think 'I can't win!' But the one thing to get me through it is the lovely Elliot Smith:


Directions:
  1. In a skillet fry your beets in the oil and season them with the cayenne and salt and pepper. 
  2. Once beets are soft, set aside and toast your bread.
  3. Next spread cheese and pesto over the toasted bread, layer beets over the top, then serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment