Saturday, April 11, 2015

Kung Pao Spaghetti

The past few weeks I have been mulling over all the little hobbies I used to do that I don't seem to do as much anymore. Guitar, poetry, canning, gardening, the list goes on. Sometimes we lose things without even realizing it, we get mixed up in our busy schedules and state that we just don't have time for the things we love anymore. Well dammit, I refuse to let this silly cycle continue, I picked up my pen the other day actually wrote something, it's a small step but it's in the right direction I think. Anyway, let's get to the hobby that I think will never go away. Cooking. This recipe is probably one of my best in a while and I hope you enjoy it!



Ingredients:
  •  10 oz spaghetti
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
  • Kosher salt and pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
    For the Sauce
  • 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 2 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
This is a lazy morning so I don't feel like searching for music on youtube, but I went and saw these two amazing men the other night and I just could not stop dancing. Please stop by again Hillstomp!



Directions:
  1. In a large pot cook spaghetti as directed. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a separate fry pan, cook your chicken in the oil, salt and peppering it to taste. When chicken is almost done add your garlic and cook until fragrant. About 2 minutes. 
  3. Mix together your sauce ingredients well in another sauce pot, whisking until the cornstarch is almost dissolved.
  4. Place your sauce pot on medium heat until thickens, then add it to your spaghetti. Mix together. Top with peanuts and green onions and serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment