Friday, May 29, 2015

Easy Scarpariello Drumsticks

Being productive always feels good and though I love getting things scrubbed, delivered, organized and thrown out, I also love sitting out on the grass with a cold cider or glass of wine basking in the sun and listening to my ipod, letting all that stuff I HAVE to do slip away. Call it lazy, but I think it's what they mean when they say 'stop and smell the roses'. Well I don't have roses, I have wild flowers and I may not clean the bathroom like I should but I will be getting my vitamin D. On simple days like this I like to plan ahead a bit and make something that involves marinating or sitting overnight for tomorrow. This recipe was completely worth the wait, so get on it!





For Drumsticks:
  • 12 chicken wings
  • 2 tbsps olive oil
  • 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary 
  • 3-4 sprigs fresh sage 
  • 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 lemon, squeezed
  • Sea salt and black pepper
For the Sauce:
  • 1 large shallot finely diced
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 lemon, squeezed
  • 2 tbsps white wine
  • 1 tbsp melted butter
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
As for the tunes for this 'lazy' day, I will have to go with an oldie but a goodie, an artist that was reintroduced into my life a few months ago by some friends and I had forgotten how much I loved his voice. The lovely Ray Lamontagne:

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl mix together your oil, rosemary, sage, oregano, garlic, lemon and salt and pepper. Then add the drumsticks, coating each one and with the juices and layering the herbs evenly throughout so the drumsticks absorb each flavor. Cover and place in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
  2. When ready, preheat oven to 425 degrees, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick.
  3. Place the marinaded chicken onto the cookie sheet, discarding the marinade, and bake for roughly 15 minutes, flip them and then bake for another 15 minutes.
  4. While your chicken is baking make your sauce in a skillet by sautéing your shallots in your butter, once done add the rest of your sauce ingredients. 
  5. When your chicken is done use tongs to place 3-4 drumsticks in the sauce skillet for about two minutes on each side so as to absorb more flavor. Continue process until all chicken is done.
  6. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

1 comment: