Saturday, June 6, 2015

Simple Samosas

I tried and tried to avoid this stupid cough everyone has been getting but I suppose it was inevitable. So don't judge me but it's 9:30 and I am still in my bed, pantsless, with cough drops, tea and tissues. I HATE being sick. Not being able to do everything you want to do because your body is drained from coughing, sneezing and having a stuffy nose is literally the worst. But don't mind me and my illness I am here to share something happier with you, SAMOSAS! They're like a pirogy but with Indian flavors and I tell ya, they are delicious. Gimme gimme gimme!


Inredients:
  • 1 tube crescent rolls
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 small potatoes washed, peeled and diced
  • 2 carrots washed, peeled and cut into medallions
  • 1 small yellow onion diced
  • 3 tsps minced garlic
  • 1/3 cup frozen peas
  • 5 tsps soy sauce
  • 2 tsps curry powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric
  • a drizzle of honey
  • dash of red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbsp water
This won't get out of my head, thanks Michael Fassbender... But really, it's from a good flick and you should go see it #solikeable: 



Directions:
  1. In a large skillet fry your potatoes in olive oil until you can slightly pierce them with your  fork.
  2. Next add carrots, onion, garlic and peas. Fry until potatoes are softened and onion is translucent.
  3. Then add the rest of your ingredients excluding the crescents. Set aside.
  4. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
  5. Take your crescent rolls and roll them out, taking two connecting ones, pinch them together so they are sealed (should make 4 large flat crescents). Then scoop your potato mixture into the middle of each crescent but not too much because you need to pinch them shut. Once your done scooping your mixture then pinch the sides together to make a pouch over the potatoes.
  6. Place on a non stick cookie sheet
  7. Bake for 15 minutes.
  8. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment