Sunday, June 14, 2015

Thai Style Hot Dogs

I feel like a slob. It's been almost a month since I last deep cleaned my bathroom and the dishes are piling up, the laundry needs to be done and I need to vacuum. But when you're sick, then your spouse gets sick, things just get away from you and there's nothing you can do, you need to get better to get back to work. To top it all off it's been rough trying to keep up with menu plans with my constant back pain as well, I actually ate chicken noodle soup from a can for breakfast a couple of days ago. How sad. Lately I have been lacking in inspiration in the kitchen due to the lack of energy and things have been boring in the William's house this week, grilled cheese, picking up a pizza to take home, ect. ect. ect. I hate, despise and loath weeks like this and I feel the need to get off my toosh and do something already! This recipe is really coming back with a bang, so good, so strange, so DELICIOUS!



Ingredients:

  • 4 hot dog buns
  • 4 hot dogs
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup red cabbage coleslaw mix
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
  • 1/2 cup cucumber diced
  • 2 tbsps peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp red chili paste
  • 1 tbsp honey or agave
  • 1/8 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar 
  • 1/4 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • cilantro for garnish
I have been falling to sleep with some comforting videos on youtube of my lady Judy Garland, one of the greatest performers and emotional singers of all time, I grew up with her voice and loved watching her dance across the screen, actors back then were worked to the bone and had to be triple threat and I love watching them, so here you go a classic performance by the late and great JG:




Directions:
  1. In a large bowl combine 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp chili paste, 1/2 tbsp honey, sesame oil and sugar. Then toss with your slaw, cucumber, carrots and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
  2. Next in a small bowl, combine your peanut butter, soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1/2 tbsp chili paste, 1/2 tbsp honey and your olive oil. Whisk together until creamy.
  3. Cook your hot dogs. Drizzle your peanut mixture on each bun, then place your hot dogs on top. Heap some slaw on top, then sprinkle with cilantro. 
  4. Serve! I served them up with some garlic chips!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment