Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Slow Cooker Fajitas

It's been a hell of a past two weeks, my back is out and I am out of actual work until further notice. Then in trying to save for our trip the husband and I have taken steps back on certain things such as groceries (because who wants to stop buying records? Not us). So not only am I limited in my movement but also in my kitchen. This is major sucksville. Not even a nap made me feel better, and I LOVE naps! I must get on to better things! So I turn to my slow cooker again. My little robot stove, I pledge my love to you! And to the fajitas you so graciously serve me!



Look at them, sitting there, being all delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 2 lb beef chuck roast
  • 2 cups of your choice of tomato salsa
  • 2 large yellow onions cut into strips
  • 1 orange, red, yellow peppers cut into strips
  • olive oil
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • tortillas
  • fresh cilantro
  • sour cream
I am sure I have posted her music before but this weeks album is her self titled. St. Vincent, I do believe this is your best work (and hair) to date and I can't stop this album, put that shit on repeat! It's so funky, digital and weird just how I like her and the lady is still a complete baller on the guitar/ composing, I'm a little jealous.




Directions:
  1. In your slow cooker place your onion strips, then your roast, then top with your cumin and salsa. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
  2. When the roast is done, in a skillet fry up your bell pepper until soft (I hate how mushy my slow cooker makes red bell peppers).
  3. On a tortilla place the roast mix, some bell pepper and then top with cilantro and sour cream.
  4. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment