Sunday, January 24, 2016

BBQ Chicken Flatbread

You know that feeling of utter and complete relaxation? When your muscles are loose and your nerves have taken a vacation? Well that feeling hasn't payed me a visit in quite sometime. Basically if you live with anxiety that feeling never really comes until you have two or three days of absolutely no responsibility, living in a cave, netflix marathoning bliss. But who has that luxury? I love having alone time with my favorite shows, a great meal that I just made, a nice beer and snuggling with my cat. This is how I unwind, this is how I feel relaxed. Call it introverted, or socially awkward, or what have you. I honestly just don't care, I'm still coping with Bowie and Rickman dying.


Ingredients (for one pizza):

  • 1 flatbread
  • 4-5 tbsp your choice of BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cooked chicken, cut into strips
  • a handful of shredded mozzarella 
  • 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/8 cup thinly sliced and sautéed red onion
I'm in the mood for some good 50's vocalists. June Christy is over looked a lot, probably because she lived amongst the Ella's and Judy's of the world, but the girl can hold her own. So here's one of my favorite Duke Ellington songs, performed by the lovely Mrs. Christy.




Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Spread BBQ sauce on flatbread
  3. Add your chicken and onion evenly over the flatbread.
  4. Sprinkle your cheese on top, then bake for 8-10 minutes or until flatbread is crispy.
  5. When cooling, add your cilantro and slice the flatbread.
  6. Serve!


Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment