Monday, February 1, 2016

Easy Protein Balls

No matter how hard I seem to hope for the snow to go away it stays (sorry east coast). I've been productive today, four hours of homework out of the way, laundry done, dishes (almost done), and making this recipe for our breakfast this week and it's not even two o'clock yet. I think I'll stop to take a breather, stare listlessly at the snow and drink some tea. It's not like I have any right to complain, I know we need the moisture for our summers it's just that January through mid March is the worst, it's not Christmas, I don't need snow anymore. With each passing day the snow piles, melts away, piles up again and so on, snow is cruel and rude and I don't appreciate it. Anyway, here's to productivity, wanting rain and ignoring the white flakes of death falling outside my window.



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup regular oats
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips (or regular)
  • 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup flax seeds
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
Hanging out with me while I make a mess in the kitchen are some dear old friends of mine, since I've been dancing all day to Prince, Tom Waits and Tina Turner it's only natural I progress onto Talking Heads. I am pretty sure they've made it on my blog before but they deserve extra appearances. Get them beats!





Directions:
  1. Place all of your ingredients into a large bowl.
  2. Using your hands, mix the ingredients and make balls about the size of cookie dough balls and place them in a container.
  3. Place the container in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes if you plan to eat some right away, then keep refrigerated.
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment