Sunday, February 21, 2016

BBQ Onion Grilled Cheese

My poor stomach lately, last weekend a panic attack set my gut into a frenzy and I could only keep down saltines and ginger ale, ain't anxiety swell? This weekend I had a nice little bout of food poisoning. It's been neat. Nothing like not being able to enjoy one of your favorite things and just eating crackers. Don't get me wrong a good saltine is great here or there or with a nice soup, but it gets quite bland after three days. So let's celebrate a little something that doesn't resemble anything close to a cracker. CHEESE!



(Makes 2 sandwiches)

Ingredients:
  • Bread
  • Cheddar Cheese, sliced
  • 1/4 red onion sliced thinly
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil/or oil of your choice (probably not sesame though...)
  • 4 tbsp your choice of BBQ sauce

I have been digging some Folky, Country goodness this morning while being slightly productive and finally getting this post out to your guys, I have a lot more I have to write up, so look forward to more om noms! Anyway, I love Emmy Lou serenading me on this fine morning and I hope you do too.



Directions:
  1. Slice your onion in thin long strips. Then sauté them in your oil until soft.
  2. Next place your cheese on a slice of bread, I do about three slices per sandwich. Add your onion on top of the cheese.
  3. Place 2 tbsp of the BBQ on each sandwich, close the sandwich with another piece of bread.
  4. I use a waffle iron to make grilled cheeses, because I find it pointless to have both a waffle iron AND a panini grill. So I melt my grilled cheese for about 4 minutes under the waffle iron. 
  5. Voila! Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment