Saturday, February 27, 2016

Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup

Most days, I am all about just making people laugh, hanging out, and just enjoying people's company.  But some days there's nothing I want more than to ignore everyone and everything, being around people can be draining, going out, exhausting. Some times I just need to be alone in silence and think about nothing but recipes, wine, video games and Nora Ephron movies. Turning off my phone and ignoring the outside world, or at least the people in it trying to contact me, is how I refuel. No, I'm not hanging out with you tonight, I have a date with my cat and Buzzfeed.





Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons butter 
  • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/4 cup flour 
  • 6 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
  • 4 ounces cheese tortellini and 4 oz spinach tortellini
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated parmigiano reggiano
  • 10 ounces baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste

    This song encompasses how I feel a lot of the time. I just want to build a fort, read comics and watch Star Trek. Or drink wine and make a living room picnic with a stack of Marvel movies. Or marathon Gilmore Girls while eating chocolate and hanging out with no one. Or goofy dance while karaoke-ing Prince songs in a house all to myself.




Directions:

  1. In a large stock pot saute your mushroom and onion in butter. Then add the garlic, thyme and flour. Keep stirring until pastey.
  2. Next add your broth and stir until bubbling. Add your tortellini and cook until soft.
  3. Then add your milk and spinach, keep stirring until spinach is well incorporated into the soup.
  4. Ladle into individual bowls and top with freshly grated parm and S&P.
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment