Saturday, May 21, 2016

Falafel Waffle with Dill Sauce

Thunder and lightening, it's the most soothing of the weather conditions. I've been out and I've done all that I want to do today, like listening to Lemonade or Rihanna or making fun of friends as they play frisbee golf and I abstain from participation, now I loaf. I have a stack of romance movies, a glass of wine and something delicious on the menu for tonight. This is how weekends are meant to be spent. Let's get on with the food shall we?!




Ingredients for Waffles:
  • olive oil cooking spray
  • 2 cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 3 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For Sauce (not an exact science, I'm a taste until I like it type):
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup tahini sauce
  • juice from one lemon
  • 1 tbsp dill

I absolutely love Rihanna's newest album, Work is great, but this one has been my favorite the past couple of weeks. She has really been evolving away from the crap like Umbrella and I am on board with it. Get it girl. 



Directions:
  1. Preheat the waffle iron and spray with your cooking spray.
  2. In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients except for cooking spray.
  3. Form 3-4 inch sized patties with the falafel mixture. Then one at a time cook them in your iron until they are browned or crispy.
  4. For the sauce: Combine your ingredients, and whisk with a fork. 
  5. Top your waffles with a dollop of the sauce.
  6. Serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment