Thursday, August 18, 2016

Brussel Sprout and Pancetta Toast

I can't believe it's been twenty days since my last post, I guess I could have posted some things earlier but inspiration wasn't hitting me and my ingredients list have consisted mainly of Trader Joe's frozen meals, I don't think you guys need my help on preparing that. For the past two weeks though, I have been healthier than I was a month ago. I had gained an uncomfortable amount of weight last month and I just felt awful everyday, I didn't want to do anything but the lbs kept going up and I was in the mind set of 'screw it I'll just eat another burger.' I still enjoy the occasional burger don't worry! But I've change things lately, I've started watching what I consume like I used to. I decide spinach salads over sandwiches, yogurt and nuts for snacks instead of tortilla chips with sour cream and salsa, I've been making veggie based meals more instead of going out (yeah I know, frozen meals aren't that healthy for you, but you taste that mandarin chicken meal and tell me it's not good for your soul). Anyway, slow life changes, one step at a time I am getting myself back on the right track of taking care of my body.



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lbs shredded brussel sprouts
  • 4 oz pancetta
  • 1/2 cup pino grigio
  • whole milk ricotta cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 pieces sourdough wheat bread
  • 2 tbsp olive oil

This is my secret, not so secret obsession right now. I dig myself a catchy Selena tune and everyone can just deal. Sing it girl:


Directions:
  1. In a skillet fry your sprouts in the olive oil. When soft, add your pancetta and wine. Fry until pancetta is warmed.
  2. Salt and pepper your mixture then remove from heat.
  3. Take your sourdough bread and toast it until tanned. 
  4. Spread 1 tbsp of ricotta on each piece of toast, then spoon your brussel sprouts over the top of the cheese.
  5. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment