Saturday, October 1, 2016

Breakfast Sausage Boats

This is the time of year I make anything cheesy, meaty, or gravy-licious. It's football season. Now the whole family takes part in fantasy football, it's what they do, they compete with friendly banter about how the other is losing or how their fantasy team is the best. Me? I like getting the family together and making everyone something scrumptious to nibble on as we watch our team. I can't get involved in fantasy, I'm too competitive as is, and all I am doing is watching! SO, here you are, make it for your friends and family and have them over for the game, or if your not into football, just have them over and have a great brunch together!


Ingredients (makes for 4):
  • 8-10 breakfast sausage links, cooked
  • 8 eggs, whisked
  • hollandaise (here's a recipe of mine with how to make it)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 baguette, or I found individual soft pretzel breads to hollow out
It's raining, I'm sick. I just want my Joni and a cup of tea.



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Remove the top of your bread with a knife, then hollow out the bread with a spoon creating a bread bowl.
  3. Dice your cooked sausage into small pieces. 
  4. Pour egg into each or into your single bread bowl, then evenly distribute the sausage on top.
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until egg is no longer runny.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle your hollandaise on top.
  7. Serve!
Happy Eating Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment