Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crab Eggs Benedict


Sunday mornings are my recharge and feel lazy days. Sure I'll do a load of dishes but all I have planned for the day is a bath and maybe a movie, the sun graced us with it's presence yesterday but has gone back into hiding so being lazy doesn't feel all that bad. 

Usually these days I start the morning off with eggs and bacon, just an easy throw it together breakfast but I was feeling a little more adventurous. I don't know why but I always told myself that hollandaise was too fancy to make here at home... I was wrong, I don't even know why I thought it, so my adventure is this wonderfully tasty eggs benedict.


Crabs Eggs Benedict


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup crab meat
  • 2 poached eggs
  • 2 biscuits or english muffins (cook or toast according to package)
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 egg yolk
  • dash cayenne pepper
  • tbsp warm water
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • pinch of salt
  • pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. For hollandaise combine, water, yolks, lemon juice, butter, cayenne and salt in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer, whisk well. 
  2. Heat up the crab meat in the microwave for about a minute. Then place on biscuit or english muffin. 
  3. In another small pot bring water to a boil and poach egg, remove with slotted spoon getting rid of as much water as possible.  Place on top of crab meat or on the other side of the muffin or biscuit.
  4. Spoon hollandaise onto meat and eggs, crack some pepper on top and Serve!
So there you have it. Easy, no? Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment