Saturday, January 12, 2019

Easy Low Carb Pizza

I'm back. After two years of focusing on my degree and getting my masters under my belt, I have done it and I can focus on sharing things with my friends once again. YAY! It was a long journey and I have to say along the way I lost that love of sharing and preparing meals. Cooking a meal had become a chore when it was once something I would thoughtfully plan out and send out into the internet universe for my 15 readers to take pleasure in. This blog was something I looked forward to posting to. I looked forward to chopping, sautéing, baking and seasoning all so that you could take the pleasure in making these dishes at home. So I am working on gaining that love back, starting with an easy peasy, delicious, pizza. This crust recipe is so quick and you can use it for whatever pizza toppings you desire, this one was just a tad unique.

Ingredients:

For the crust:

  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • parchment paper
For the toppings:
  • 1 jalapeno sliced thinly
  • 1/4 heaping cup of finely sliced red onion
  • 3 oz honey goat cheese (I found mine at Trader Joe's, but you can use regular and drizzle honey on top when you top the pizza. Same diff.)
  • salami (add as much as you want)
  • pesto
It's not Sunday, but it's how I feel ok?


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a medium sized microwavable bowl, take you mozzarella and cream cheese and melt them. 
  • When they are melted add your almond flour, egg and garlic salt and mix well (spatulas work best in my opinion). 
  • On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the mixture across (it'll make a 5X8 crust roughly). This mixture is sticky but easily spreadable.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes or until browned.
  • When its done baking, remove from oven and spread pesto over the top.
  • Add your toppings. I like to add the salami on top of the pesto first, then add everything else.
  • Bake for 10-12 more minutes.
  • Cut and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment