Saturday, February 9, 2019

Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup

After 200 posts of various different recipes, something in my gut says that I've posted a broccoli cheddar soup before. But I have grown as a person in the kitchen and think some recipes would be worth revisiting to see how I can better them or if I missed something that would have really made the recipe go above and beyond. Anyway, I don't like to chatter too much about the food, I'd rather just get on with the recipe. Stay warm and stay safe out there!


Searching through the vinyl stacks for what to listen to, I was reminded that I was blessed once again by my husband this past Christmas, when he presented to me an original pressing of the When Harry Met Sally soundtrack. Harry Connick Jr is a gift and I will forever treasure this piece of history. To one of the best soundtracks of all time!


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chopped broccoli
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 4 sticks of celery diced
  • 8 oz cheddar cheese
  • 3 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
  • In a stock pot sautee your celery and onion in your butter. Cook until onion is translucent. 
  • Next add your broccoli and cook until the broccoli has softened and turned a darker green.
  • Then add your broth and cream and cook until a slow boil. Slowly add your cheeses and stir frequently until it is all melted and combined. 
  • Add you salt and pepper and your xanthan gum. Stir.
  • Remove from heat.
  • Serve warm!
Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment