Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sweet Potato, Brussel Sprout and Egg Hash


I have been experimenting with brussel sprouts lately. Back in the day you couldn't make me taste the things, but now I just can't get enough of them, they're so good and hearty. I am glad I had bought a bag of sprouts for this next meal because I couldn't eat another pasta or meaty dish. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium sized sweet potato (NOT YAMS)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 1 clove garlic diced
  • 4 pieces of bacon cut into small bits
  • 1 lb brussel sprouts ends removed and cut in half
  • 4 eggs
Directions:
  1. Bake your potato, either in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or on your potato setting in the microwave. Then cut into small bits.
  2. In a skillet fry up your bacon, then add your onion and cooked sweet potato. Once onion is soft add your garlic and fry for about a minute.
  3. Next add your brussel sprouts and cook until they are a bit browned.
  4. In a separate pan fry some eggs sunny side up, then set aside.
  5. When ready to serve, scoop your sprouts on to your plate then add your egg on top. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Tell me how this one goes for you! I hope you enjoy it and happy eatings everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment