Monday, July 28, 2014

Berry Fizz Vodka Cocktail

One of the best things about summer time in the Pacific Northwest is the scattering of blackberry bushes all around us. They are literally everywhere and I am not complaining. You can make sauces, syrups, baked goods and my personal favorite, berry drinks. I made this recipe up because I usually can't stand super sweet cocktails (they always lead to headaches or sickness) to I wanted to try a very simple and very subtle cocktail. It was perfect. Refreshing and naturally sweet, this baby will help with winding down July and entering into the August heat.




This one is a shout out to when I was 19, it's perfect for enjoying the soft summer night air. Loved it then and love it now:







Ingredients (makes for 2):

  • 3 tsps sugar
  • 1/2 cup mixture of fresh blueberries and blackberries
  • 4 shots vodka
  • tonic water
Directions (we have a boston shaker):
  1. In the tin muddle your berries well.
  2. Add vodka and sugar. Shake.
  3. Pour over a strainer into two glasses and add tonic water to taste.
  4. Serve.

Happy Drinking Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment