Saturday, July 4, 2015

Shrimp and Corn Fritters

Hello Saturday, I did not want to greet you so early. It's only 6 am and I am up and alert. Ew. Though I self describe myself as a morning person, I meant more around 730 or 8, 9 when I go to bed really late after a good night of talking about music with my husband. This brain had other ideas for today, other than letting me get my rest, so why not start out productive? I will do some chores... or I will sit here on the couch, staring at the coffee pot until I develop telekinesis and it pours itself for me and delivers me my morning cup of joe. The latter is totally plausible, I'm holdin' out for the x-men mutant ability. Anyway, let's get on to better things, like food that could be breakfast, lunch or dinner and was totally om noms.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound shrimp meat cooked
  • 3 cups frozen corn
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cups milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil
My husband showed me a band, not that long ago, that I instantly fell in love with, they remind me of so much and yet keep a sound that is uniquely theirs and I hope you love them too:



Directions:
  1. Puree 2 cups of corn, egg and milk until well combined.
  2. In a bowl mix together your dry ingredients. Then add your puree.
  3. Next add your shrimp and last cup of corn.
  4. In a skillet heat up some oil. Make patties from your mixture and fry them in the skillet. Cook until browned on either side. 
  5. I topped it with some sour cream and sriracha, I wish I had green onions! 
  6. Serve!

You can add pretty much anything to these guys instead of shrimp, you can go vegetarian and add fried mushroom or fresh green onions. Happy eatings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment