Monday, July 6, 2015

Dark Sangria

Nothing says party on a hot summer day like sangria. The only thing I hate about sangria is when people add a lot of sugar. To me wine is already sweet, and then when you add all the fruit, it adds a lot of natural sugars to it. That's good enough for me, I don't need to add a cup or so more of granulated sugar, it's just a headache waiting to happen the next morning. I liked this recipe because it was very simple and used red wine. I'm not a big fan of the whites because I believe they are only meant to be used for cooking. The only white that proved to tasty that I can remember was one served my a local winery here in Spokane called Trezzi Farms. I highly recommend checking it out!


Ingredients:
  • 4 plums, cut into 4ths and pits removed
  • 2 cups seedless black grades, cut into halves
  • 2 cups black berries
  • 2 bottles red table wine or fruitier red blends
The artist featured in this post is Lana Del Ray. I never really got into when she first came out, I assumed she was just another wannabe pop star. But her classic femme fatal inspired lyrics and her incorporation of so many different genres, I am kicking myself for assuming anything. When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. I have not been able to get this out of my head! Props to LDR:



Directions:
  1. Place all of your fruit in an appropriate container.
  2. Pour wine over the top of your fruit.
  3. Chill for an hour or two. 
  4. Serve!


Happy and safe drinking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment