Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Grilled Crab Quesadillas

 The introvert in me gets judged from time to time. It's bothersome and I never understand why. Some people take solace in gardening, others in shopping, some in hiking or like me, watching the character development in the tv shows or movies or books I love. I always hated the people who relished saying 'I don't watch tv'. I always had the suspicion that they don't actually hate tv they just LOVE saying that they don't watch it because it some how makes them better. Granted, I hate the slew of dumb sitcoms that are marketed towards people with an IQ level of a gnat, but some writing on television is a true art form. Scoff. Rant done. Stuff face with quesadilla.



Ingredients:

  • 16 oz crab meat
  • 6 flour tortillas
  • 3 heaping cups shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 1 cup diced green onion
  • 1/2 lime
  • sour cream
Since the new season of True Detective has been on and I heard this lovely song bird, I cannot get enough of her. She has the elements of a lot of singers I have already come to love aka Gillian Welch, Alison Kraus and Hurray for the Riff Raff. Enjoy:



Directions:
  1. 1/2 cup cheese on one side of each tortillas. Then add a good hand full of crab meat to each side with the cheese, sprinkle the diced onion on top.
  2. Next fold the empty half of each tortilla over the top of the cheese side.
  3. Grill on medium to low heat until cheese is melty or for about 3 minutes on each side.
  4. Remove from grill and squeeze fresh lime juice over each quesadillas. Then dollop some sour cream on top.
  5. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment