Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blackberry Jalapeno Wings

Hey you guys, you like how I talk to the internet like I know all of you reading this? Yeah it's pretty cool. But let's get down to business. Your tastebuds, my taste buds, our taste buds. In life, I believe you need good people, good drink and especially good food. When it comes to people microwaving plastic wrapped food for dinner or shoving the easiest thing in their face, I am at a loss. What are you doing? This isn't enjoying life and the marvels it offers us on a literal platter! It's a waste of a perfectly good mouth and the excuse of 'Oh I'm not a good cook' doesn't cut it, I am self taught, it didn't take long until I started recognizing what was good and bad when I was living on my own. I believe in you. You can do it. Try it out:



Ingredients:
  • 2.5 lbs chicken wings (with tips)
  • 2 tsps himalayan salt
  • 2 tbsps olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped
  • 2 cups frozen blackberries
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 4 oz fresh blackberries
  • Green onions chopped finely for garnish.
Feeling a bit feisty, don't mess:



Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Prepare a cookie sheet by putting a cooling rack on top for the chicken to cook thoroughly.
  3. In a pot, heat up your oil, jalapeƱo, onion and garlic. Heat until they are soft. 
  4. Next add your frozen blackberries and your honey, stirring well, heat until blackberries and honey are bubbly.
  5. Then putting your pot ingredients into a blender, puree until it is a smooth sauce. Set aside.
  6. Place you chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove and evenly spread your blackberry mixture on top of each piece, getting both sides well coated. 
  7. Bake again for another 25-30 minutes or until chicken is crispy and fat is dripping onto the cookie sheet below.
  8. Garnish with green onions and fresh blackberries.
  9. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment