Monday, August 31, 2015

Peach Crisp

It's the end of my Peach week! I have gone through the box and there's nothing more to make. It was a challenge trying to incorporate peaches into recipes for an entire week and not get sick of them. Each recipe was different so I suppose that's why we didn't get fed up so easily. Well with my last recipe, I had my mom's help, because I don't I could stand cutting one more fuzzy peach and I was losing inspiration. So she helped in finding the recipe and making the filling while I was being lazy and did the crumble top. Sometimes it's just best to step back. Well here you are, the last of the peach concoctions.



Ingredients:

For filling:

• 8 large peaches, peeled, pits removed and sliced
• 3 tbsps bourbon
• 1 1/2 tsps pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
• 3 tbsps all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup brown sugar

For topping:
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
• 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 1/4 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• Dash salt

It feels like fall with the rains coming back and I cannot wait until I am no longer hot, sweaty and gross. So to slowly introduce my favorite season and get rid of the summer time heat here's one of my favorite fall songs:

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine all topping ingredients and stir until its crumbly.
  3. In a separate large bowl, combine all of your filling ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
  4. Next in a 12x9 greased pan, lay your peaches down. Then evenly coat the top with your crumble mix.
  5. Bake for 45 minutes.
  6. Serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment