Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pumpkin and Kale

Compare and contrast, it's a wonderful thing to do in English class but in life, I feel like we do it to often with other people in our lives. This person has a better career than me, this person got their masters before I did, this person is better at music than I ever will be... so on and so on. No matter where you are in your life, please know that it's just that, YOUR life. People move at different speeds, some know that they want kids right away, others have one career goal and have been working towards that, it's nothing to be embarrassed or upset about if you don't have the things you want right away. Things take time, practice, discipline and most of all patience. I hear way too much of this with my age group and we just need to sit back, breath and remember we're still young! There's time!


Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of kale, leaves removed from stem.
  • 1 small sugar pumpkin, baked and cubed
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil
  • 1 shallot, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup craisins
  • 1/4 cup goat cheese
Because it's morning and I'm in a weird mood, here's a clip of one of my favorite comedians instead of music:



Directions:
  1. In a large skillet fry shallot in olive oil, once soft add your kale leaves.
  2. Once kale begins to wilt, add your vinegar, salt and pepper and pumpkin.
  3. When the mixture is well cooked place in individual bowls.
  4. Sprinkle with craisins, pecans and cheese.
  5. Serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment