Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

I've welcomed in this first week of fall by changing my closet out from florals and shorts to cable knits and wool socks. Goodbye sundresses, until next time! (Secretly Im not that sad) I have a soup in the crock pot, Woodchuck's Pumpkin Cider in hand and my 12 foot, fall colored paper chain is hung. I wanted to try something different with my soup than the regular potatoes and rice that I usually grab. So I decided to put an asian twist on a classic soup. Here is my Asian Chicken Noodle Soup.



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped thinly
  • 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons ginger
  • 2 boneless chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch cubes
  • 2 leaves of red kale, stalks removes and chopped (can replace with spinach)
  • 2 cans chicken broth (14 oz)
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 cups shitake or button mushrooms or 
  • 8 oz egg noodle (chinese or regular)
Note: Carrots would be good in this too but I didn't have any. Sa la vie.



Directions:
  1. Place chicken, mushrooms and onion in crock pot.
  2. Then add green onion, ginger, kale, and garlic.
  3. Then over veggies and chicken add your broth and soy sauce.
  4. Place on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
  5. When its about time to turn the crock pot off make your noodles according to the package.
  6. While serving put noodles in your bowl first then your chicken mixture with broth.

There you have it, you can add some red chili flakes if you want to spice it up a bit, but it's up to you! Take a look below on a couple hours of work for harvest decorations! Hope your first week of fall has been wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment