Sunday, September 22, 2013

Candied Beer Bacon

So this past weekend, I was trying to get over a cold in time for my fiance's birthday party. But I managed to suck it up and create some yummy morsels for everyone. I spent the whole week looking for recipes that fit his personality and found one completely perfect. Some candied bacon... with beer... just perfect. I took on the process early not knowing how long it would take me. But here it is, the delicious, gone in two seconds, bacon recipe!


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb bacon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup beer
Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Take a cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil, place a cooling rack on top of the sheet to catch the grease (it'll pile up :) )
  3. Cut pieces of bacon in half and place on cooling rack, it's ok if they overlap a bit. Bake them for 10 minutes
  4. In a small bowl mix together your beer and brown sugar.
  5. When 10 minutes is up, take your bacon out and brush it with your glaze on both sides of the pieces. Bake again for 10 minutes, continue this process until the bacon is crispy. It took me about 3 times.
  6. Let cool on the rack for an hour before eating, then serve it up!
I doubled this recipe because I was baking for 10 people, it definitely went quickly, a few pieces didn't make it to the actual party either. Well enjoy this tasty appetizer, cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment