Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bacon and Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Appetizer


This past week has proven to me that even though you're down it doesn't necessarily mean you're out. I am not, nor have I ever been someone to accept defeat. When I first started in the kitchen I would make mistake after mistake, things like 'Is this suppose to be chewy?' 'How red is chicken suppose to be?' and 'Why is it grainy?' were uttered more than once. But I kept at it and now I get compliments all the time. No, I am not perfect, I still make mistakes, and I still have had to throw some things out but quitting is never an option.

When I was laid off this past week I must admit it was one hell of a blow, I had a day of worry, tears and wine. But the following day I worked hard and by the end of the week I had applied to over 20 places, heard back from 3, had 2 interviews and I am still going strong. So when I sit down to chow down on this simple appetizer, I have to pat myself on the back.  Mmmmm sweet sweet determination.


Bacon and Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Appetizer


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-2 inch cubes
  • 1 lb of bacon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • toothpicks
Direction:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Dip potatoes in butter and then mix in your spices.
  • Cut your bacon into 1 1/2 inch piece and use a toothpick to stab one piece onto a piece of potato. 
  • Then dip them into your brown sugar, lightly coating them.
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes.

So here you go, my simple tasty recipe to pat my palette on the back. Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment