Monday, April 14, 2014

Thai Peanut Sauce

AGH! The waiting period of applying to jobs. You clean, you clean some more, you cook, you eat a carrot, you try to play a blinking game with your cat. You apply to jobs that make you sigh an 'I guess if I have toooooooo' sigh and you try to figure out your Linkdin account. How many more jobs can I apply to and episodes of Parks and Recreation can I get through (I kid I love Parks and Rec I could watch it anytime)? Here's my small easy recipe I did to keep myself busy:



Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 tbsp red curry paste
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 4 tbsp water
  • 2 tsp red chili flakes
Directions:
  1. In a medium sauce pan fry your garlic in the sesame oil.
  2. Then slowly stir in all the rest of your ingredients. But don't let it boil or it can burn.
  3. That's it.
This sauce can be used on rice noodles, for dipping of skewers or spring rolls. Its a little sweeter than most peanut sauces, so if you want it a little hotter add more chili flakes or maybe a little chili paste. I put it on rice noodles, with some spinach, shrimp, green onions and carrot shavings. Super om noms. Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment