Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easy Ground Turkey Chili

What a glorious past two days it has been, I feel seriously spoiled with the 80 degree weather and sunshine and on top of that I got to harvest my kale from the garden bed yesterday, three whole bundles, I am a happy gal. I love it when the good weather hits and I can eat my dinner out on the picnic bench in the back yard with a cold beer. I am very easy to please. So todays concoction is a simple yet tasty chili to enjoy while the sun sets and the street quiets.


Ingredients:
  • 1 can black beans 
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp chili pepper
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions:

  1. In a fry pan cook your turkey and onions together until brown.
  2. While the turkey cooks put your beans in a medium sized pot (dont drain your black beans).  Heat and mix together. Then add your turkey mix along with juices. 
  3. The stir until refried beans are no longer pasty. 
  4. Next add your garlic, corn and spices. Stir until well combined.
  5. Serve.

I like to try and post recipes that are made up things I can find in my kitchen right now. I didn't have diced tomatoes or canned chili peppers but if I did I would have added them. The refried beans in this chili definitely thicken it up and added a hearty taste to it and I didn't drain the black beans so that when I went to mix the beans together the refried beans wouldn't burn or become crunchy. It was good to say the least and I am a satisfied little Olympian. Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment