Sunday, December 14, 2014

Stuffed Waffles

The possibilities with stuffing waffles are endless, you can go sweet, savory or both! I kept yelling out other things I could put in them for next time to my husband, each suggestions got an 'That would be good too.' but just thinking about the different combinations gives me the itch to keep making these. Today I went a classic route of stuffing them with mozzarella and ham for a kind of pizza feel due to the fact that I was making dinner instead of breakfast. Really though, these were as easy as 1 2 3 and do re mi. Get your waffle irons out, it's time for extreme waffle making!


Ingredients:
  • 1 can biscuits
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 4 pieces of bacon cut into fourth and cooked
(Other combos I thought of : Apple, onion and brie for the morning topped with syrup. Sausage and country gravy too! Ham and cheddar for a grilled cheese classic taste. Mozzarella, tomato and mushroom. You get the idea.)

Usually I whip out The Mamas and The Papas once the winter passes but I can't wait until Spring, I need my Cass now!



Directions:
  • Take each biscuit and peel in half.
  • Place a large pinch of mozzarella and 2-3 pieces bacon in the center and then pinch the two halves back together.
  • Oil your waffle iron and bake each biscuit until desired color, I like mine golden and brown.
  • Serve!
I topped mine with sriracha and the husband used ketchup. Super om nom. Happy Eatings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment