Sunday, December 7, 2014

Turtle Clusters

It's weird, the whole year round I never make sweets. I try to dabble in baking or candy making maybe like twice a year? Very rarely do I ever crave sugar so I usually ignore my baking station unless it's for garlic bread. Something about the holidays though that make me want to bring out the powdered sugar, the marshmallow fluff and the chocolate chips. I never keep what I make for myself, I usually save a bit of my baking for the husband to eat but give the rest away, so I hope the girls at work enjoy these little morsels! 


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups pecans halves
  • 2 squares melting chocolate
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cups condensed sweetened milk

When I take to country, it's authentic and beautiful stories being told by talented humans. Not people yelping about their truck and the girl that got away (rolls eyes). So here's a wonderful country musician by the name of Iris Dement, learn to love her Appalachian inspired vocals NOW:



Directions:
  1. In a skillet, warm your pecans until fragrant. Set aside.
  2. Place parchment paper onto two large cookie sheets, spray non stick then place pecans in clusters of 3 about 1 inch apart from each other.
  3. In a sauce pan place butter, sugar, syrup and milk and stir on high until 245 degrees hot, stirring constantly so as not to burn. Then moving quickly smother clusters in caramel sauce before it hardens.
  4. Melt your easy melting chocolate in the microwave one square at a time so it doesn't harden too fast on you and then dollop it onto each cluster. 
  5. Let your clusters harden and cool. 
  6. Serve!
Happy Holidays Everyone! And happy eatings!


No comments:

Post a Comment