Wednesday, December 24, 2014

White Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge

Can you believe it!? Christmas is this week! It has come too fast, and I do not look forward to taking down my pretty christmas tree but alas that's how it goes. But let's not think about that now, let's think about fudge and rum and loved ones. That's better. This weekend I thought I would get in my last bit of Christmas treat making in, if my Mom or myself make anymore I think I might explode. Fudge recipes are a dime a dozen, so when I was looking for a new one this year I knew that I would find the one I wanted when I saw it. Well, I saw it. Not only did it sound delicious it also looked like it belonged in the holiday season. So here we are:



Happy Christmas Tree!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 c sour cream 
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 oz craisins
Every year I sit down on Christmas Eve and watch Meet Me In St. Louis just for this scene:

Hope you all have a merry little Christmas!

Directions:
  1. In a large pot mix together sugar, sour cream and butter. Heat until boiling and stir frequently so it does not burn.
  2. Once it reaches boiling temperature, remove from heat and add your chocolate chips. Mix until completely melted.
  3. Then add salt, creme and vanilla and stir until creme is smooth.
  4. Then add your craisins.
  5. In a lined and greased 9 x 13 baking dish, pour your mixture evenly, then chill until hardened.
  6. Serve!
I had to cut the squares into little morsels because these babies were so sweet! Merry Christmas and happy eatings everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment