Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ham and Broccoli Cheese Soup

With all this left over ham from Christmas it's hard to find ways to use it all! Getting creative is never an issue in this house though, soup, casseroles, breakfast, dinner, there are a million and one easy ways to use up that yummy ham and not let it go to waste.

Anyway, the snows finally came today and I am less than pleased. It looks as if it's going to dump on us forever, ruining our plans to go out tonight for a movie I was excited about. Damn snow. Instead I am stuck inside, with a beer, pinterest and itunes. Sighhhh. I guess that's fine too. This folky genius list my itunes made me is just what I needed, everybody's here Paul, Carole, Nico and Cat. Let's start this party.



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 can condensed cheddar soup (10 3/4 oz)
  • 2 cups diced ham
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
  • pepper to taste
  • 3 tsp celery seed
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 medium to large russet potato diced and cooked
Since Winter is here and all the nostalgia feelings come with it. I get in my folk bubble, my cozy, pensive bubble coated with it's lyrical wallpaper and acoustic paintings. Hmm maybe I'll watch Almost Famous (RIP P.S.H) later... Here you are, a little piece of my winter bubble:



Directions:
  1. In a large sauce pan, add all liquid ingredients.
  2. Bring to a slow boil and add the rest of your ingredients. Stir well.
  3. Place lid over the top and turn down the heat to low for about 20 minutes.
  4. Serve!
Happy Eating Everyone! Have fun warming your bellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment