Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blueberry Glazed Salmon

It was too good to be true, I made it October-December knocking out any signs of sickness and stopping them dead in their tracks. Alas, one got through and here I am in bed with a head cold, the chills and 4 blankets PLUS an electric one surrounding me. I hate being sick. I also hate feeling exhausted. I will however, sit here and plug out each letter on my keyboard so you can have this wonderful recipe I tried last week. I think I am a little too impatient for spring and that's why I am posting a fresh salmon recipe in January.

Lately I have had way too little time when I get home from work to produce some of those more time consuming (but worth it) recipes. I want time to put my feet up and to have a conversation with my husband and maybe to look for more scrumptious recipes to share with you. If you do read my blog regularly you know I like to lean more towards the quality stuff but do it in a short amount of time. So here you go, another shorty to go in the books:


Ingredients:
  • 4 6oz salmon fillets
  • 1 bundle of asparagus, thick ends removed
  • 1 cups vegetable stock
  • 1/4 cup blueberry preserves or jam
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt

I've been listening to Annie Clark for quite some time now, so it's no surprise that her songs get burned into my brain and stuck in my head, this one ( off the 2011 album Strange Mercy) happens to ease it's way into my head a lot easier than any other song, but please, sit down with a whole album from this kick ass experimental rocker chick and appreciate the talent that is St. Vincent:



Directions:
  1. In a large skillet place stock and bring to a simmer, then add asparagus.
  2. Place your fillets on top of asparagus spears and cover to cook for 7-9 minutes.
  3. While skillet cooks, mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
  4. Dollop glaze on top of each fillet. Then place skillet under the broiler until your preserves starts to bubbly slightly. Keep an eye on it or it will burn.
  5. Serve!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment