Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cheesy Potato Dinner

Oh yes, if there are two comfort foods in the world its cheese and potatoes. What with trying to get back into school and juggling the new-ish job/finding my place there and just plain missing Olympia, I needed a comfort food dish. So here's to my dear and missed friends across the state who I would totally make this for.



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 purple onion diced
  • 3 Idaho potatoes cut into piece and cooked
  • 1 green bell pepper diced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp garlic
  • 1 heaping cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 3 pieces of bacon cut into pieces
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
So I know I have been posting a lot of oldies, or fairly old songs to accompany my meals but I've been in a nostalgia kick music wise lately. So here's a lovely song I can't get out of my head and reminds me of my husband (which is easy to do because most songs remind me of a time we spent together (a life with him and music is my only true desire)).






Directions:
  1. In a large skillet cook your onion in your olive oil until they are soft.
  2. Next add your bell pepper and bacon. Cook until the bacon is browned and the pepper is as soft as the onion. Next add all other ingredients but your cheese. Stir well, then turn your heat down.
  3. Then sprinkle your cheese over the potatoes and cover, cook until the cheese is melted.
  4. Salt and pepper again to taste.
  5. Serve!
Happy cheesy eatings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment