Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sticky Drumsticks

So the week after the holidays we were stocked up on leftovers and what not so cooking was a cinch, and by a cinch I mean almost non existent in my kitchen. So I found a recipe from a while back I never posted probably because, in all honesty, I forgot to. I can say that these were delicious because my husband made them for me after a really long day at work. Yes, the secret ingredient to this recipe is LOVE. Laugh all you want but I will tell you things some how taste better when the intent behind making it was coming from a loving place. The husby is particular in following recipes and steps so these turned out perfect (should have him cook more often). Please enjoy:


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp garlic minced
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
  • 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
  • 6-8 chicken drumsticks
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
So lately its been a mish mash of a lot of different things playing off my ipod, electronic music, folk music, hip hop, brazilian jazz, and some newer 'indie' stuff. But lets take a listen shall we to the drummer who used to belong to the band Fleet Foxes, I sure do love his voice, plus Aubrey Plaza is in the video!




Directions


  1. In a large ziplock bag mix together vinegar, honey, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper. Then place your drumsticks inside and shake. Place in fridge for about 8 hours, shaking it throughout the day.
  2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees when ready.
  3. Next line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top. Place your drumsticks on the rack, saving the leftover marinade and bake for 25 minutes. 
  4. While chicken bakes heat up your marinade in the microwave. When chicken is done, coat each one with the marinade and then place them back in the over for about 10 minutes. Continue this process until sauce is gone and lower the time to 5 minutes instead of 10.
  5. When drumsticks are done, sprinkle your sesame seeds over the top and serve!
Napkins needed on this one sweetie pies, happy eatings!

No comments:

Post a Comment