Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lentil and Kielbasa Soup

I keep staring out the window waiting for spring to happen. It's not even full throttle winter yet and I am wishing it away. For me, after the holidays pass, there's nothing to look forward too anymore (except for spring) in winter things are just grey, cold and dull. I understand you skiers, snowboarders and winter birthday folk must love this season but I could take or leave it, give me spring or fall any day.

While it's snowing AGAIN, I try to plan my day. Haircut, late lunch, movie, grocery shopping, then end with getting dinner done and snuggling up by the fireplace and maybe finishing Tank Girl finally.
My recipe was really inspired by my feet. I know, it sounds gross but really they have been cold all week. I could wear 2 pairs of wool socks in my boots and they still end up cold and sad during the day. Add that to the list of why winter is my least favorite season. So I was compelled to make myself a dinner that would warm me to my toes.




Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb brown lentils
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 1 lb kielbasa sausage
  • 1/2 lb chopped carrot
  • 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste (just a little)
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • A dash of your choice of hot pepper sauce
Directions:
  1. Go ahead and just put all that into your crockpot.
  2. Mix it up and cook for 7-8 hours on low.
  3. Serve!

Another thing to warm your insides Grouper and her airy beauty. I love her album Ruins, I just keep listening to the full album on youtube (need to really get a hard copy), hope you enjoy it too:


Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment