Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Garlic Quinoa and Shrimp

It's been a while since the last post (sorry but sickness does that). I made this because it was easy and I could pre-make the quinoa. I've been real into easy recipes lately, but most of that is due to the fact that I am working with a microwave, a crockpot and one hot plate and limited access to an oven. Yeah that's right, if I can live this simple, so can you (talking to you college students, dont succumb to the mac and cheese in a box life!). Though I long for my own kitchen again the day will come and I will just patient until that happens. So here you are, an EASY recipe that is sure to satisfy.




Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • handful of parsley
  • 1/2 lb shrimp
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice 
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder


Hall and Oats are an important group to the evolution of music. They may be at the butt of many jokes but laugh all you want cuz they laughed their way all the way to the hall of fame. This is a classic hit and it's great, so like it.

Direction:
  1. Cook your quinoa in the broth as directed. 
  2. In a large skillet fry up your shrimp in your butter. Once cooked add spices, garlic and quinoa.
  3. Splash your meal with lemon juice.
  4. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment