Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Crockpot Roast Beef for Two

So I took the weekend off to visit friends on the other side of the state, ate too much, drank too much and was never not in the presence of people I love. Pretty good weekend if you ask me, but now we're half way through the week and I still haven't really made anything. I made little au ju dippers that were ok, then made my Asian Lettuce Wraps so it's been unproductive. But tonight I made quite the little dish. A slow cooker recipe to get your taste buds drooling and your house smelling like heaven. I love roast beef, it's one of the easiest meals to make, it makes it so you look a lot more fancy than you actually are and looks a lot more impressive than it really is. So here's my dinner for two (with leftovers), my baby crockpot recipe:





Ingredients:
  • 1/2 tsp all spice
  • 1/2 thyme
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 lb roast rump or chuck
  • 1/2 yellow onion diced
  • 2 large carrots peeled and cut into medallions
  • 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
  • dash of garlic powder

If there was one constantly overlooked crooner it's Bobby Darin. He never had the 'cool' status that Frank or Dean had but this man had the pipes to belt any song just as well. His most famous recordings were probably of Dream Lover, Mack the Knife or that ever annoying single Splish Splash (I only call it annoying because it doesnt feature how great of a singer he really was), but MY favorite is this little diddy that carries him through his entire range:





Directions:
  1. Put all ingredients in your crockpot minus your roast, mix well.
  2. Add your roast and set your crockpot to low. Cook for 8 hours.
  3. Serve over rice or with potatoes!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment