Monday, February 9, 2015

Effortless Chicken Pot Pie

Holy crap you'd think we were living back on the west side! Rain rain rain. It's starting to feel just like home :) Other people get depressed with this kind of weather and I get productive, I love the cloudy weather, sunny days make me want to go down the lazy river to doing nothing. Each person is different I suppose. When it get's like this I don't want to make sweet and spicy tofu or some apple and kale dish, I want a savory, warm and just a plain old fashion grandma recipe. Something more like this perhaps?




Ingredients:

  • 1 roma tomato diced
  • 8 oz corn
  • 1 russet potato peeled, cooked and diced
  • 2 carrots shaved and cut into thin medallions
  • 1 cup cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 large shallot diced
  • 2 tsp garlic minced
  • 1 can cream of celery
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • salt and pepper
  • Package 2 pie crust
This is what I rock out to on these days. I never get bored of Chopin's artistry his nocturnes are eerily gorgeous and his melodies can't do anything other than move your soul. My favorite composer and one of my favorites, No.1 Op.15:




Directions:
  1. Set your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a pie pan lay down one pie crust.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together all ingredients except for extra pie crust.
  4. Pour mixture into pie pan, then take your second pie crust and pinch the edges of it to the other crust sealing it. Bake for 55 minutes or until crust is browned.
  5. Let cool for 20 minutes so insides can become less soupy and more like pot pie!
  6. Serve!
Happy Eatings Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment