Saturday, February 7, 2015

Easy Baked Vegetarian Pot Stickers

A week ago I promised you all a pot stickers recipe and have yet to deliver, but I never break a promise. These little morsels were gobbled up with mae poi and a ginger garlic soy sauce for dipping.

I got up a wee bit early for a Saturday, for some reason my body just was done with sleep and 6 am sounded just fine. Sigh, I guess I can sleep in tomorrow. I think with all my aches and pains and constant to do lists running through my head my mind is having a rough time trying to grasp hold of those precious z's. But there are upsides to being the early bird. The whole house is quiet all I can hear is the rainfall and the cat is still in a cuddly mood which is always a treat. It also gives me time to prepare a shopping list before the husband gets up and maybe fit in some reading, I still have half of my Swamp Thing and Tank Girl comics to get through! Anywho, I hope you enjoy this recipe, I have 3 easy stuffing recipes for them!




Ingredients:

  • 6 cheese sticks cut into thirds
  • 1 package of about 50-60 pot sticker recipes
  • 2 avocados
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • If you tried my recipe for a sweet potato grilled cheese, I had some left overs that I used to stuff the pot stickers with as well!

One of my most favorite songs, Elvis did a great version of this song, but this was the first one I ever heard, and by god if it's just not one of the most beautiful melodies and lyrics ever created. I love Ketty's voice and she owns it. Rain, coffee brewing, and this song:



Directions:
  1. Set your oven to 350 degrees
  2. When stuffing the pot sticker wrappers, make sure to leave enough room around the edges to pinch them together, use 1 piece of cheese stick for a mozzarella stick one, avocado and cream cheese for another and if you had some potato left over use that for the last kind. 
  3. Also, you will want to wet the edges to they don't fall apart after stuffing them.
  4. When you are done stuffing, lightly brush olive oil over each one (I salted the mozzarella stick ones). And bake for 15 minutes so that you get a little browning around the edges.
  5. Serve with whatever dipping sauces you prefer!

Happy Eatings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment